Dance Flow classes are suitable for students of a Level 2 skill set or higher. In Dance Flow we’ll be focusing on the more contemporary side of pole dancing. You’ll be taking the basic flow movements and language you learned on the pole and floor in Level 1 and applying them to intricately choreographed routines inspired by classic styles of dance like contemporary, lyrical, and ballet. Routines change on a monthly basis and will have you pirouetting, leaping, and pointing those toes through advanced flow transitions with beautiful lines. The emphasis in our Flow classes is on dance fluidity and expression, so strength takes a bit of a back seat to endurance as you spend the entire class learning and perfecting choreography. As with all our pole classes, you will get all you need in this 75 minute course: an effective sensual warm up, conditioning to keep you progressing, curriculum to teach you new movements, a free dance to keep you inspired, a workout to keep you losing inches, and a stretch to get you closer and closer to those splits! See you in class!
Some Tips for Ensuring Success in Dance Flow Classes:
- Water! You’ll be dancing a lot in this class.
- Foot undies! Although not a necessity, you’ll find foot undies to be VERY helpful. Heels are rarely used in this class.
- Leg warmers and knee pads are a must! Leggings or yoga pants work too!
- Knowing the fundamentals from Level 1 classes will be key to your success because time will be spent on teaching the connection between movements, not the movements themselves – unless they’re new movements of course.
- Don’t stress if you don’t get it just right or if you forget the choreo – just come back next week! We keep the routines the same for a month so you have time to really master the moves and work them into your muscle memory.
- Attend Dance Party! Dance Party is the third Saturday of each month. All students are invited and it’s FREE! We all just get together in our cutest ensembles with the songs we’re dying to dance to and…DANCE!